Available at Udemy.com. CLICK HERE.
The Power of Archetype & Write a More Masterful Sentence
A great story has great characters. Memorable characters that leap from the page do more than just entertain. The reader relates and learns from them. Discover how to create believable and nuanced characters that drive plot and enhance conflict by teasing out all the strengths and weaknesses found in archetypes.
There are many ways to tell a story and even more ways to write the scenes and sentences within. An ordinary sentence may move the plot forward, but a masterful sentence or scene does so much more! A purpose-driven scene enhances mood, tone, characterization, conflict, plot, theme, and emotion. Discover the author techniques and literary devices to create evocative and layered prose that transform the ordinary into the extraordinary.
This course provides both a literary and real-life approach to:
- authorial techniques
- literary devices
that will help you master the art of ‘showing vs telling’.
- 30-page downloadable PDF filled with notes, charts, and supplementary material
- Feedback on 10-pages of your manuscript
What you’ll learn
- Create memorable and nuanced characters with strategic purpose.
- Learn how to take advantage of character traits that ‘show’ not ‘tell.’
- Discover how to maximize character traits for more conflict and emotion.
- Craft evocative and layered prose with tried-and-true literary techniques.
- Discover easy-to-use authorial techniques.
- Write purpose-driven and evocative scenes.
- Obtain a deeper understanding of intention-driven character, scenes, and sentences.
Level: Beginner and Intermediate